Love the idea of finding your own special fishing hole? Enjoy the community of other boaters? The ultimate boating community is The Islands on the Manatee River which offers direct access to the beautiful Manatee River and a short boat ride out to the Gulf of Mexico.
Related Blog: Top 6 Dock and Dine Restaurants on the Manatee River
Docking Locations Near Lakewood Ranch
With the new Fort Hamer Bridge, The Islands community is easily accessible to Lakewood Ranch. At The Islands, boat docking options include:
- Private backyard boat docks on riverfront and waterfront lots
- Two Marina Parks with fully equipped slips.
- The River Lodge waterfront community dock and boat launch.
- Areas along the river where you can launch a kayak, paddleboard or canoe.
Fishing and Boating in the Lakewood Ranch Area
What can you expect from boating in this area of Florida? A lot! In fact, there are so many opportunities for boating, you will have a hard time choosing. Here is what you can expect:
- Freshwater fishing for bass, bream, and catfish.
- Fly-fishing, mangrove, pier and shallow-bay fishing for snook, trout, pompano, redfish and tarpon.
- Offshore fishing battles with kingfish, tuna, grouper, snapper and even shark.
- Clubs for cruising, socializing and racing.
- Salt or fresh water cruising in the inland waterways or the Gulf of Mexico.
- View the Boaters Guide-Manatee County
Boat Owner Amenities
The River Lodge is where you can gather with friends and meet other fellow boat enthusiasts as you enjoy:
- Fire pits
- Indoor gathering places
- Covered patio overlooking the Manatee River
- Fitness Center
- Barbeque facilities
- Bocce ball court
- Putt putt course
- Wildlife viewing
- Bird watching
- Sunrise views
Why choose to dock your boat at The Islands?
Why not? Just picture being able to experience the beauty of the gentle flow of the Manatee River and the excitement of seeing graceful pelicans, shy manatees, playful dolphins and a variety of other wildlife. Better yet is the chance to enjoy the convenience of a dock right at your own luxury waterfront residence so that you can go boating, fly-fishing or just cruising on the river whenever you want. Take a personal tour of the Manatee River, call today!