Florida’s Suncoast lifestyle offers a unique combination of art, culture, and a breadth of outdoor activities that you won’t find anywhere else. Whether you long for the natural beauty of the Myakka treetops, the honey tinged creativity of a perfect cocktail or the sonic delight of every Verdi opera ever sung, you’ll enjoy your adventures in the sun-soaked landscape of Sarasota County.
The Islands on the Manatee River is a rare gated community where nearly every home enjoys a half-acre homesite and a boat dock in the backyard. While life on the homefront is pretty spectacular, our residents enjoy venturing out to these fun-filled destinations:
- Myakka State Park – walk above the ospreys, step into the treetops. Discover a view you never thought possible!
- Local Events – From Sarasota to nearby Bradenton and Palmetto, there’s always a fun local event to attend. Taste exotic wines at wine festivals, head to an outdoor concert or attend a sporting event. The local events here celebrate every interest you could imagine!
- Downtowns Everywhere You Turn – Whether you go to Bradenton, Sarasota or Lakewood Ranch, the downtown fun and activities are endless. Farmer’s Markets, Wine Festivals, outdoor concerts, sporting events….there’s always something for every member of the family
- Foodies Galore – From Vegan to Steakhouse, we have it all. The Islands is also close to the Farmer’s Markets at Lakewood Ranch, and getting there is more convenient with the Fort Hamer Bridge.
- The Manatee River – Swim with manatees, take an eco tour, venture out to dinner by boat, and enjoy what is natural and scenic along the way!
- The Ringling - More than just a museum, this place holds history, gardens, and an education center. Expect the unexpected with a wide variety of exuberant shows, art festivals, and unique live music events. The arts are endless in Sarasota.
- Fly Away – With easy access to two international airports, the world is at your doorstep. The Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport is more affordable and the short lines make this one of the sweet deals of traveling. Just 60 minutes away, the variety of direct flights from Tampa International means you can go anywhere with ease!
- Pop-up Shops – Every area has some well-kept secrets, but here, one of the most unique finds are the pop-up shops and eateries. You won’t find these eclectic shops and local treasures in a strip mall, but once you do find them, they won’t be a secret for long.
- Boat in Your Backyard – Exploring Florida’s waterways has never been easier or more exciting. Residents of The Islands enjoy great waterfront restaurants arriving by boat. At home, the Harvard Crew team is like watching poetry in the motion.
- Lizard Spotting – Ask any local, Anoles are the most common established species around. They are part of our welcome wagon and used to having a lot of people around.
The Islands is conveniently located to all of these favorite things on the Suncoast. Waterfront living at it’s best with your own personal dock paired with the natural beauty and amenity-rich community will have you building your dream home in Florida! Click here for more information.